【】

UPDATE: Feb. 11, 2020, 3:32 p.m. CET A report from Spanish outlet La Vanguardia says the GSMA will hold a meeting on Friday, Feb 14. to decide whether to cancel the MWC in Barcelona altogether this year.
Intel, Vivo and NTT Docomo have joined the growing list of companies who have completely or partially withdrawn from this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Previously, Amazon, Ericsson, LG, Nvidia, Sony, TCL and ZTE said they will not attend (or will significantly scale down their presence) due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Vivo, the latest to withdraw, said on Tuesday it has "decided to withdraw from our debut at MWC 2020 and other related events later this month in Barcelona, Spain."
"The health and safety of our employees and the public are our top priority," a Vivo spokesperson said via email.
The company originally planned to announce its Apex 2020 concept phone at the MWC; now, it'll be introduced "soon."
Intel cited the "safety and wellbeing" of employees as its reasoning for completely withdrawing from the event, and NTT released a similar statement.
Besides these major exhibitors, a number of smaller companies, including Accedian and Amdocs, have also confirmed to Mashable their withdrawal from this year's MWC.
SEE ALSO:Mobile World Congress will be a ghost town this yearThe MWC 2020 takes place in Barcelona from February 24-27. It's a major mobile technology and telecommunications event with a typical attendance of more than 100,000. But this year, the coronavirus outbreak, which has so far taken 1,016 lives and infected more than 43,000 people globally, has prompted numerous exhibitors and participants to withdraw from the event.
MWC's organizer, the GSMA, has introduced stringent measures to reduce the danger, including temperature screening, banning access to travelers from China's Hubei province, and requiring all travelers who have been in China to demonstrate proof they have been outside of China for at least 14 days. At the time of writing, the event is officially still on.
TopicsMobile World CongressCOVID-19
相关文章
Two states took big steps this week to get rid of the tampon tax
This week was a big one for those advocating against a tampon tax.。 First, on Thursday, California t2025-04-03Everything you need to know about Valentine's Day you learned in second grade
Grown-ups have really screwed up Valentine’s Day. We've made it into an expensive holiday frau2025-04-03New children's book tells the story of iconic artist and activist Keith Haring
Famed artist Keith Haring was once just a boy who kept drawing.Now, 27 years after his death, Haring2025-04-03Prime Minister's Twitter circle generates debate in the Parliament
On Friday afternoon, the Upper House of the Indian Parliament engaged in a debate concerning social2025-04-03Balloon fanatic Tim Kaine is also, of course, very good at harmonica
You know the old saying: the people want a president they can drink a beer with and they also want a2025-04-03Google Maps now lets you create and share lists of places
Sharing restaurant recommendations just got a whole lot easier.You can now make customized lists of2025-04-03
最新评论