【】

MoviePass' recent struggles are no secret, but things just got even worse.
The movie subscription service's parent company Helios & Matheson Analytics Inc. filed its quarterly earning report, revealing it ran up an operating loss of $126.6 million in the three months ending Jun. 30.
SEE ALSO:You never forget your first…big screen crush at the moviesThe loss is well up from the $2.74 million deficit racked up by the company the same time last year. Helios & Matheson said that without additional funding, it "will not have sufficient funds to meet its obligations" by Aug. 14, 2019.
To add more headaches, one shareholder has filed a class action lawsuit in the Southern District court of New York against Helios & Matheson, plus its CEO Ted Farnsworth and CFO Stuart Benson, for being misled about the company's business and prospects.
"Helios was touting MoviePass’ valuation and path to profitability even though there was no reasonable basis to even imply that the MoviePass business model could lead to profitability for Helios," reads the filing by Jeffrey Braxton, posted by Deadline.
"MoviePass’ business model was not sustainable because there was no reasonable basis to believe that MoviePass could monetize the model to a degree that could be maintained before being too buried in debt to survive."
MoviePass has already responded to its financial problems by altering its plans, limiting customers to three movies per month under the $9.95 plan from Wednesday.
Previously, users could watch one movie per day, per month. The old $7.95 plan, which also allowed customers to watch three movies a month, is no longer offered.
The changes and interruptions to its service have prompted MoviePass subscribers to cancel, but some users reported they've had their plans renewed instead.
MoviePass apologised to members who had been affected, and said it "fixed the bugs," maintaining that "none of our members have been opted-in or converted to the new plan without their express permission."
"We are in the process of transitioning our members to the new, $9.95 plan, which launches officially on August 15," a spokesperson said.
"Those who have not already done so will continue to have the choice of either opting in or canceling their membership over the course of the coming weeks. Monthly subscriptions will automatically expire for members that do not respond by the end of their billing cycle."
Additional reporting by Shannon Connellan.
Featured Video For You
Chrissy Teigen made a transfixing Instagram story about a snail's journey to safety
相关文章
Twitter grants everyone access to quality filter for tweet notifications
Twitter introduced two features Thursday in an effort to give users more control on what notificatio2025-04-03British rock band sends shade to Nickelback, they give it right back
LONDON -- Notwithstanding that many (on both sides) feel its result could threaten existence as we k2025-04-03North Carolina flooding is so severe that rescuers need sonar to locate cars, victims
Flooding is worsening in parts of North Carolina, as water that fell in inland parts of the state an2025-04-03#OctoberSurprise turned out to be nothing more than an LOL on Twitter
The #OctoberSurprise excitement was dialed up to 10 on Tuesday as Donald Trump supporters eagerly aw2025-04-03Tributes flow after death of former Singapore president S.R. Nathan
The Singaporean government has announced that former president, 92-year-old Sellapan Ramanathan (wid2025-04-03Joel Embiid finally played some NBA basketball and it was awesome
Joel Embiid, the agile giant whose hands make a regulation basketball look like a child's toy, final2025-04-03
最新评论