【】

A video released by Chinese state media is turning heads for all the wrong reasons.
The Xinhua News Agency, China's official press agency, on Wednesday released a video accusing India of committing several "sins."
The video features a man dressed in a turban and a fake beard, speaking in a supposed "Indian" accent.
SEE ALSO:FaceApp removes racist selfie filtersThe video, titled "7 Sins of India", comes amid months of increasing tensions between China and India over a border dispute, which has become known as the Doklam standoff.
The three-minute long video sees a Chinese presenter explaining the Doklam standoff via a script chiding India, while the Indian "guest star" enacts a mock dialogue to a canned laugh soundtrack.
Tweet may have been deleted
The host accuses India of being a "bad neighbour," saying that Doklam has been internationally recognised as a "part of China."
"Didn't your mama tell you [sic] never break the law?" she asks.

The video also sees the "Indian man" -- played by a Chinese actor -- chirping in to repeat what the presenter has said, speaking in a strong faux accent.
Many have criticised the video's racist angle.
Tweet may have been deleted
Tweet may have been deleted
Tweet may have been deleted
Yes, the Indian caricature is crude & racist. Loads of racist comments online from Indians, but not clever for @XHNews to follow this path.
— Kin F. Kam (@DrKinKam) August 16, 2017
Tweet may have been deleted
According to Sadanand Dhume, an analyst at the American Enterprise Institute, the video shows that Beijing has "absolutely no intention of treating India as an equal."
"Instead of framing the disagreement with India as a legitimate dispute, Beijing has chosen to dismiss or mock New Delhi's concerns," he says in a blogpost.
The two countries have for months been locked in a standoff after India blocked Chinese efforts to extend a border road through Doklam, a plateau that is claimed by both Bhutan and China.
India, who is one of Bhutan's biggest allies, is concerned that the road would give China greater access to parts of India and is backing Bhutan's claim over the land. It later sent troops to stop China's construction of the road.
As of now, both countries have yet to withdraw from the area.
Featured Video For You
Here’s how many people in the U.S. will possibly see the eclipse
相关文章
U.S. government issues warning on McDonald's recalled wearable devices
Last week's McDonald's debacle, which saw the fast food giant forced to recall its first wearable tr2025-04-04- 元七七獻禮“春蕾計劃”30周年 你好女孩發布會在京召開2019-06-17 14:35:25 來源:大眾娛樂網 責任編輯: 蕭鑫2025-04-04
- 深圳時裝周裏的小精靈 把童話搬到秀台2019-03-21 14:03:10 來源:大眾娛樂網 責任編輯 : 蕭鑫2025-04-04
- 若離榮獲中國樂壇2018中秋文藝晚會最佳表演獎2019-01-18 15:08:48 來源:大眾娛樂網 責任編輯: 蕭鑫2025-04-04
Dramatic photo captures nun texting friends after Italy earthquake
The image of an injured, bloodied nun, calmly texting friends and family in the wake of the deadly e2025-04-04Prof.Jimmy Choo OBE攜THE ATELIER 亮相西安
Prof.Jimmy Choo OBE攜THE ATELIER 亮相西安2019-04-24 11:05:53 來源:大眾娛樂網 責任編輯 : 蕭鑫2025-04-04
最新评论