【】

The deadly shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, last month isn't fading from the public eye -- instead the students who survived the massacre are keeping the national conversation about gun violence and gun control going with rallies planned across the country later this month.
Large crowds are expected at the March 24 March For Our Lives rallies in Washington, D.C., and elsewhere, so Lyft is offering free rides. The ride-hailing company's cofounders, John Zimmer and Logan Green, posted a letter on the rally organizer's Twitter Friday explaining why they support the students.
SEE ALSO:Parkland shooting survivors call for a march on Washington, D.C.Tweet may have been deleted
In the letter, the cofounders said "there is something seriously wrong when the threat of gun violence is so frequent and real throughout our country." They praised the students for their "bravery and intelligence" and inspiring the company to "continue using our voice and platform to encourage civic participation."
A Lyft spokesperson said the ride-hailing app is working with the rally organizers and Everytown for Gun Safety -- another gun control advocacy group supporting the students' efforts.
Lyft didn't explain how to actually get the free ride, but said they will give more details closer to March 24.
Other companies are trying to get on the right side of the conversation about guns in America. Big stores that supply guns like Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Fred Meyer, and L.L. Bean are implementing age restrictions on weapon sales.
The conversation may very well be shifting in the U.S. after Parkland. Google search data shows "gun control" searches surpassed "gun store" searches in nearly every state in the past week.
Companies like Square, Weebly, Ship Station, and Office Depot are taking a stand in a more subtle way compared to Lyft's free ride offer. These companies are helping with free services to power the high school's "MSD Strong" website where donations and #MSDStrong T-shirt purchases support the school, students, and their gun control advocacy.
Featured Video For You
These celebrities are getting behind March for Our Lives
TopicsActivismGun Controllyft
相关文章
Major earthquake and multiple aftershocks rock central Italy
UPDATE: Aug. 25, 2016, 8:22 a.m. BST 。 Death toll is now at least 247 dead: 190 in Rieti province and2025-04-04- 伊布談退役:最難過的是你們 因為再看不到我踢球了_伊蘭加_瑞典隊_未來www.ty42.com 日期:2022-03-23 11:01:00| 評論(已有337182條評論)2025-04-04
- 尤文欲效仿C羅模式挖薩拉赫 囧叔願改踢利物浦打法_夏天_續約_歐冠www.ty42.com 日期:2022-03-23 14:31:00| 評論(已有337219條評論)2025-04-04